Volunteer Opportunities 2018
Exploring Volunteer Opportunities with The Empowerment Factory
The Empowerment Factory (TEF) is a non-profit dedicated to giving children the skills they need to lead happier, healthier lives. Our Creative Squad programming focuses on three areas of development: creativity, self-esteem, and civic pride. Our project-based approach encourages a balanced combination of individual thinking, peer interaction and teamwork. Since 2014 The Empowerment Factory has positively impacted over 1400 urban youth with the creation of 16 after-school clubs and 8 summer programs.
Please fill out the form below the volunteer positions
How You Can Help? We need people like you to Volunteer, Give and Advocate for TEF.
- We are looking for people with attention to detail, organized, and responsible.
Administrative Assistant / Intern / Volunteer
- Help keep office organized • Write emails and correspondence.
- Keep files organized. • Help fill out grants or grant reporting.
- Preference given to people with good computer and writing skills.
Teaching / Intern / Volunteer
- Help assist teachers with Creative Squad Programs
- Homework Helpers for working with Afterschool Programs Elementary School Children
Grant writer & funding / Intern / Volunteer
- Need assistance in looking at funding sources for grants and sponsorship outreach.
Special Event Volunteers
- Hands on help for special events; maker’s marketplace, wellness walks, and community garden.
Marketing / Intern / Volunteer
- Need assistance posting monthly events to Eventbrite, Meet Up, Facebook
- Help implement new marketing strategies.
- Preference given to people with knowledge of social media; Facebook, Eventbrite
Communications / Intern / Volunteer
- Help create weekly newsletter in constant contact.
- Help coordinate sponsorship and partnership outreach.
Social Media / Intern / Volunteer
- Outreach through social media to connect with potential partners and sponsors
- Ability to follow or create a social media calendar
- Write and curate social media content, knowledge of different platforms.
Research / Intern / Volunteer
- Market research to help find strategic partners and sponsors to support The Empowerment Factory.
- Person should have the ability to do research and record findings in Google docs.
Graphic Design / Intern / Volunteer
- Need assistance with graphic design for posters, postcards and flyers.
- Should have knowledge of design softwares and specifically Mac programs.
Video / Intern / Volunteer
- Video editing, photography with access to equipment a plus. Knowledge of iMovie or like programs.
- Gail@EmpowermentFactory.org 401-365-1010 www.TheEmpowermentFactory.org